Thursday, July 24, 2008

Slice and Dice

Painting is finished and the stash is ready to chop into useable shapes. So far I've been working with the typical straight edges, but I plan to try something different tomorrow. One of the teachers has shown her class a technique for inserting strips (not unlike the flange I've used before) and one of my classmates has inserted a semi-circular flap into one of her seams. I like both ideas and intend to steal them. Teddi says I need to add another small square since I have only two. My thought on the squares is that the uppermost one on the right is too small and if it's the right size, I'll need only one.

As is usual for me, the first attempt at this project is over-designed--WAY too much "stuff" to look at as it is. I may have to work on two pieces at the same time to use some of these ideas. But I know how I work: my first attempt is always busy and complicated and then pared down. Tomorrow is Pare-Down Day.

No comments: