Saturday, July 5, 2008

Packing for Camp


This is a to-do list, so I don't expect ANYBODY to read this. Why are you still here?

Projects for camp (WAY too much to do in one week)

1. pear project: Fix shading on quilt. Now that I remembered I own a plastic pear, this will be easier. "Frame" will include bright green piping (a la Susan Cleveland: http://www.piecesbewithyou.com/) inner border and a 2" or 3" black outer border.


2. apron project: paint base fabric and make basic apron. Or maybe make the apron and then paint it. If I were any good at this "art" that wouldn't even be a question. Buy more netting/organza/webbing for the flounce.

3. silk triptych project: TBA. I have no idea how to proceed with this thing. Some artist! If anything I drew remotely resembled anything in this universe (monkeys really do draw better than I do), I could put this in a sketch book and see exactly how to proceed. I am better with a scissors than I am with a pencil. Maybe I should just shred it?

4. 2006 quilt quest project: I may just throw this out. Whoever "designed" some of those quilt squares is a sadist. I never saw a worse designed basket than the pattern that came from one of the studios on the quest. So convoluted! Gratuitously difficult (snob appeal?). But I started it and have the fabric. There is no due date.


5. Cyndi's homework: I found an image on line that will work to remind me of the hell I went through during my bike ride on Wednesday. Heavily shaded macadam road, no lines, drainage ditches along each side, big trucks coming the opposite way, lots of curves. When I got to AQ class that evening, all I could think about was the horror of the ride. I'm thinking a woven quilt that will somehow show the filtering sunlight that wreaked havoc with my perception of where the road actually was and overlay my nightmare image.


I'm sure I've left something out. ONLY 5 projects? I may be back.

1 comment:

TJM wanna be quilt artist said...

Very interesting list.......at least you have a plan? and seem to stickin to it! Hey Joann's has netting on sale this weekend or week...check them out...cheap! good time to get your stock!