Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Wonkie Widers, Take Three or Four

What was I thinking? I posted the picture of a crooked, lop-sided mess a couple of days ago. Publishing my failures is NOT me and I have recanted. Gone is the original article and here's the story.

I took Pat Sloan's crooked log cabin workshop on February 15 and produced a bunch of blocks. Then, I complained on her Facebook page about having taken another workshop that yielded another Unfinished Object. Of course Pat challenged me to finish the project.

Now, you have to know Pat. She can be VERY persuasive (she has the energy of a case of Red Bull and the memory of, well, there is no metaphor for her memory). So I've spent every waking minute upgrading the project and posting/reposting tweaked versions.


The top is finished (see it?) and needs to be quilted. Today's question is: How do I quilt it in keeping with the skills and talent of the OCD quilters I've fallen in with? I have no patience for quilting; I have no talent for choosing the proper pattern; I cannot make my machine stitch
evenly even with my fancy stitch regulator.

I thought I was safe with Pat. I WAS WRONG!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL... mmmm.. what DOES red bull taste like? I've never tried it... maybe I need some!

Of course I TOTALLY LOVE this quilt and now want to finish my Halloween one! Maybe after the OP is quilted, and the Secret Garden... maybe...

Dionne said...

Looks GREAT!
Cheers,
Dionne