Friday, January 30, 2009

Are YOU my Valentine?

This week's snow event left me exactly where I wanted to be: at home in my messy, messy studio making Valentines.

I found a print of Japanese lady portraits at Jo-Ann's that reminds me of ATCs. I mounted the fabric on Timtex, cut each portrait out, finished the edges, and made an effort to use up some of that bling I'm storing. The featured card was quilted, painted, couched, beaded (via glue), and more (that's when I added the tassels). I finished 15 Valentines and now have to contemplate who is worthy enough to receive such original art.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am happy that I am one of the lucky ones to receive a Susan Haftel original. It sits on a bookcase next to my machine si I can enjoy it on a daily basis. Thank you, Susan.

Susan Egge Haftel said...

What can I say? I love, love, love you, Carol!