Friday, December 26, 2008

Closure!

Pinch me. No, really. Go ahead and pinch me. I must be having an out-of-body experience.
I finished my plaid quilt ("To the Gypsy in Me") and readied it and my Jerusalem moon quilt ("Ghosts of Jerusalem") for the MAQF show. I made a special trip to the post office just to send my images, application blanks, and entry fees to New Hope. This is not me I've been watching. I am far too lazy to follow through on anything as important to me as entering my first juried show, albeit a "friendly" show, as Cyndi calls it. This must have something to do with all the other events bubbling in the bizarre cauldron called my life.

Here are the entrants:
The finished "To the Gypsy in Me" (31.5" x 28")

And "Ghosts of Jerusalem" (22" x 24")

Tomorrow I will experiment with gelatin monoprinting ("Printing From Your Panty" by Rayna Gillman) and hope to show off my efforts at HQU in February. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: